* Aldo Leopold Legacy Center – E13701 Levee Rd, Baraboo. The environmental center is a top Green building with tours and workshops.
* Circus World Museum – 550 Water St, Baraboo, WI – Circus exhibits.
* International’s Crane Foundation – All the world crane species in one place.
* Botham Vineyards – 8180 Langberry Rd, Barneveld – fine wines reasonably priced.
BARABOO, SAUK COUNTY:
* Devil’ Lake State Park – South 5975 Park Rd, Baraboo – Scenic Wisconsin State Park with 9000 acres, lake, bluffs, trails.
* International Crane Foundation – E11376 Shady Lane Rd, Baraboo – See all the very interesting crane species of the World.
* Natural Bridge State Park – S5975 Park Rd Baraboo – Park harbors a large sandstone natural arch and rock shelter.
* Wisconsin Opry – E10964 Moon Road, Baraboo – Country music in the Lake Dalton and Wisconsin Dells area.
BELLEVILLE, DANE COUNTY:
* Cameo Rose Victorian Country Inn B&B – serving Dane, Columbia, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, LaFayette, Rock and Sauk Counties.
* Badger State Bike Trail – A rails to trail old railroad bed with tunnel. Bring a flashlight. Trail runs from Madison to Belleville to Freeport, Illinois.
* First State Capital – Early WI Capitol and Supreme Court buildings. Belmont, WI.
BELOIT, ROCK COUNTY:
* Riverside Park – 1160 Riverside Dr, Beloit – Community gathering spot for numerous events.
BLUE MOUNDS, DANE COUNTY:
* Blue Mounds State Park – Blue Mounds – 1153-acre park with the tallest mound in Southern WI.
* Cave of the Mounds – World Renowned Cave and National Landmark limestone cave.
BROOKLYN, GREEN COUNTY:
* Nevin Springs Fish and Wildlife Area –5911 Fish Hatchery Road.
FORT ATKINSON, JEFFERSON COUNTY:
* Fireside Dinner Theatre – 1131 Janesville Ave, Fort Atkinson live Broadway musicals and shows, and dining.
* Spurgeon Vineyards & Winery – 16008 Pine Tree Rd, Highland, WI.
JANESVILLE, ROCK COUNTY:
* Rotary Botanical Garden – 1455 Palmer Dr, Janesville.
JOHNSON CREEK, JEFFERSON COUNTY:
* Johnson Creek Premium Outlet Mall – State Hwy 26, Johnson Creek.
LAKE DELTON, SAUK COUNTY:
* Tanger Outlet Mall – 210 Gasser Rd #105, Lake Delton.
LODI, COLUMBIA COUNTY:
* Lake Wisconsin – 10,000 acre lake and 52 miles of shoreline.
MADISON, DANE COUNTY:
* Chazen Museum of Art – 750 University Ave, Madison – World renowned University of Wisconsin Madison Art Center.
* Concerts on the Square – Enjoy the free concerts on select Summer Wednesdays in June & July – 7 PM – Madison, Capitol Square.
* Dane County Farmers Market – On the Capitol Square, Madison – The best Farmer’s Market and largest producers-only market in the country – 150 vendors.
* Downtown Madison – Capitol and State Street area to University of Wisconsin district.
* Executive Mansion – WI Governor’s Mansion – 99 Cambridge Road, Madison.
* Eno Vino – Delightful menu of tapas and small plates each very tasty. Voted “Best New Restaurant” by readers of Madison Magazine.
* Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – Great steaks, chicken, sea food, drinks, desserts, service and more in an upscale setting. Located in Hilldale Mall area.
* Gerald Bartel Community Theatre – 113 E Mifflin – Madison, Dane County, WI – Tickets.
* Henry Vilas Zoo – Free Zoo, 702 S Randall Ave – Madison.
* Institutes for Discovsry – 330 Orchard St, Madison. Self-guided science stations, restaurant and more.
* Kohl Center – 601 W Dayton St – Madison – Home our UW basketball and hockey games.
* Lake Mendota.
* Lake Monona.
* Lake Waubesa.
* Lake Wingra.
* Lilianas – Bringing the New Orleans flavor to Madison Wisconsin.
* Madison Museum of Contemporary Art – 227 State Street, Madison – Modern and contemporary exhibits. Free.
* Memorial Coliseum – 1881 Expo Mall E, Madison – Events Center.
* Mid West Horse Fair – Madison – Annual event held at the Alliant Energy Center.
* Museum of Contemporary Art – 222 State St, Madison – 5000 item collection.
* Olbrich Botanical Gardens – 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison – 16 acres of Gardens, Art Displays, Bolz Conservatory, Events.
* Olbrich’s Concerts In The Garden – 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison, Tuesdays in June and July at 7:00PM.
* Overture Center for the Arts – 201 State St, Madison – World class arts, events and theatre center.
* Quivey’s Grove Restaurant – fine dining in an Old Stone House or Stable Barn bar and grill on Nesbitt Road in Madison.
* Rhythem and Booms – Famous Madison’s July Fireworks.
* Smoky’s Club – restaurant and steakhouse has been serving Madison for 50 years – famous for steaks, seafood and generous cocktails.
* State Street – Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin – Unique shops and restaurants between the State Capitol and UW-Madison down State Street.
* Taste of Madison – Great food of Madison eateries and music on the square, Downtown Madison.
* University of Wisconsin-Madison – 702 West Johnson St, Madison – Badger Sports, Big Ten University.
* UW Arboretum – 1207 Seminole Hwy, Madison, WI. 1200 acres on Southside of Lake Wingra with visitor center, ecological and horticultural exhibits, effigy mounds, artifacts and visitor center.
* UW Geology Museum – 1215 W Dayton, St Madison – Educational programs on rocks, minerals, and fossils.
* UW Lakeshore Path – Madison – Path runs from UW Memorial Union to scenic Picnic Point along the Lake Mendota lakeshore.
* Wingra Boats, 824 Knickerbocker Street, Madison – wingraboats.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, kayak, canoe, row, or paddle boat. Fish, paddle and play. Also: www.brittinghamboats.com and email@example.com.
* Wisconsin Historical Museum – 30 N Carroll, Madison – Wisconsin’s heritage and display of Wisconsin history to the present.
* Wisconsin State Capitol Building Tour – 2 E. Main St, Madison. Tour our State Capitol, one of the most beautiful domes in USA, on the square.
* Wisconsin Union Theater – 800 Langdon St, Madison – Theater is part of the Memorial Union complex.
* Wisconsin Veterans Museum – 30 W Mifflin St., Madison – Exhibits and displays of Wisconsin vets in action from the Civil War to the present. Free.
* World Dairy Exposition – Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Way, Madison – International dairy annual event of the dairy industry.
MCFARLAND, DANE COUNTY:
* Rocking L Acres Sleighrides – 2964 County Rd AB, McFarland, Dane County, WI.
MERRIMAC, SAUK COUNTY:
* Devils Head Ski Resort – Merrimac area down hill skiing and snowboarding – S6330 Bluff Road.
* Merrimac Ferry – Merrimac – Since 1948 Car Ferry has crossed the Wisconsin River.
* Parfrey’s Glen State Natural Area – Hwy DL, Merrimac – Spectacular gorge near Devil’s Lake State Park.
MIDDLETON, DANE COUNTY:
* Capital Brewery – Middleton – Brewery and Bier Garden with tours.
* National Mustard Museum – 7477 Hubbard Ave, Middleton – 5000’s Mustards, tasting, gifts and more.
MILTON, ROCK COUNTY:
* Milton House – 18 S Janesville St, Milton – Museum and Historical Society.
MINERAL POINT, IOWA COUNTY:
* Pendarvis Museum – 114 Shake Rag Street, Mineral Point – Cornish lead miners history and culture museum.
* Shake Rag Alleyy – 18 Shake Rag Alley, Mineral Point – Cornish miners settlement.
* Monona Terrace Convention & Community Center – One John Nolan Dr., Madison – Frank Lloyd Wright designed center in downtown Madison on the shore of Lake Monona offers great views, food and a rooftop terrace.
* Monroe Arts Center – 1315 11th St, Monroe.
MONROE, GREEN COUNTY:
* Cheese Country Trail – Bike from Monroe to Mineral Point on a 47 mile improved railed trail.
* Green County Cheese Days – Court House Square, Monroe – Cheese celebration is an old tradition – Visit Green County cheese factories and Monroe cheese shops.
* Minhas Craft Brewery & Distillery – 208 Fourteenth Ave, Monroe – Craft brewery offers beer museum, great tour.
* Monroe Arts Center – 1315 11th St, Monroe.
* Monroe Balloon Rally – Monroe.
* National Historic Cheesemaking Center – 2108 6th Ave, Monroe.
MONTICELLO, GREEN COUNTY:
* Silver-Lewis Cheese Coop – W3075 County Rd EE, Monticello – 150 year old cheese factory and store.
MOUNT HOREB, DANE COUNTY:
* Tyrol Basin – 3487 Bohn Rd, Mount Horeb, WI – Down Hill ski hill, snowboarding.
NEW GLARUS, GREEN COUNTY:
* Edelweiss Chalet Country Club – 18-hole golf course on the edge of New Glarus.
* Heidi Festival – Swiss play and the Taste of New Glarus.
* Kristi’s Bistro Restaurant & Bar – features a traditional, contemporary American cuisine and some Mexican options. 119 5th Avenue, New Glarus, WI – Phone (608)-527-2012.
* New Glarus Visitor’s Center – 418 Railroad St – America’s Little Switzerland between Albany and Belleville.
* New Glarus Brewing Company – 2400 Wisconsin 69, New Glarus, WI – Tours, Award Winning Beers.
* New Glarus Swiss Historical Museum – Tour many Swiss buildings and displays. New Glarus is 22 miles SW of Madison.
* Sugar River State Bike Trail – Trail runs from New Glarus to Monticello to Albany to Brodhead.
* Swiss Historical Village Museum – 612 7th Ave. 12 historic Swiss buildings and a continuance tour.
* Taste of New Glarus – Downtown New Glarus Event – food offerings, music, festival.
* Wilhelm Tell Festival – Famous Swiss Archer celebration.
NORTH FREEDOM, :
* Mid-Continental Railroad Museum – E8948 Diamond Hill Rd, North Freedom – Take the 50-minute train ride through the Baraboo hills.
OREGON, DANE COUNTY:
* Ziggy’s BBQ Smokehouse & Ice Cream – 135 S. Main St, Oregon – 608-291-0915. Great BBQ selections and ice cream.
PAOLI, DANE COUNTY:
* Historic Paoli – Dane County, WI – Unique shops, galleries and dining along the Sugar River.
* School House Shops & Cafe – Fine dining for lunch or dinner. Restaurant offers delightful gourmet dining along the Sugar River in an upscale atmosphere.
PORTAGE, COLUMBIA COUNTY:
* Cascade Mountain Ski Hill – Downhill skiing just north of Madison.
* Society Hill Historic District – Near Downtown Portage – 137 historic buildings dating back as far as the 1850’s.
POYNETTE, COLUMBIA COUNTY:
* Mackenzie Environmental – W7303 County Road, Poynette – 250 acre diverse environmental education center.
PRAIRIE DU SAC,
* Bald Eagle Watching along the Wisconsin River and Prairie du Sac Hydroelectric Dam.
La Crosse River State Trail – Enjoy a 22-mile rails to trail that runs parallel to the LaCrosse River.
Sparta Butterfest – Enjoy a local festival in Sparta.
Take the Amish tour of the area and the Amish shops. Canoe or Kayak the La Crosse River.
SPRING GREEN, SAUK COUNTY:
* Syttende Mai – Norwegian Festival.
TAYLOR, JACKSON COUNTY:
* Brambleberry B&B – Winery and Wedding Venue serving Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Taylor and Trempealeau Counties.
VERONA, DANE COUNTY:
* Epic Medical Software – Verona – Fast growing campus of a medical software company – 1979 Milky Way.
* Military Ridge Bike Trail – Verona to Dodgeville 40 mile old railroad bed. Parking is available at the trailhead at County Highway PB, just off of business State Highway 151.
* Wisconsin Brewing Company – 1079 American Way, Verona – Tour and sampling.
WISCONSIN DELLS, COLUMBIA COUNTY:
* Wisconsin Dells – Scenic wonder of Wisconsin plus commercial attractions.
* Wisconsin River Scenic Lower Wisconsin River – Wisconsin River is a major scenic attraction in Southern Wisconsin.
YELLOWSTONE LAKE, LAFAYETTE COUNTY:
* Yellowstone Lake State Park – Blanchardville – State Park offers 968 acre park and trails and a 455 acre Lake Yellowstone.